Friday, February 18, 2005

My Birthday --and helluva good time or --food?

Yesterday was my birthday, officially and undenyingly, I am 23 years old. It's a bless to live another year, at the same time it's going to be the start of my nightmare. As my mother just said on my birthday, "two more years, I (my mother) will be happy to market (that's exactly what she said) you among my friends ". WHAT!?!! ---No, seriously my mother is not that bad. She was just kidding me. But, somewhat, there's still some truth in there.

This is for a fact that the age of 25, according to the good notion of good and happy marriage, is a good age to get married. Of course, that age applies to females rather than males. Then, the "Right" groom would have to be at least 5 years or older. The idea is that females' behavioral activities will get older (perhaps by the order of mentally and sexually) sooner than the males' ones.

For me, i think it is just a way for parents to get grandchildren as soon as possible. But, I could be wrong. I am after all the oldest in the family. So, the pressure doubles with me. Besides, more people my age are getting married sooner than 25. Amazing! You think that with the advancement of technology, globalization, higher education, and greater career opportunities, people would focus on advancing their lives by way of pursuing a higher career goal, instead of building a family.
But, that is Indonesia. There is also one factor that could affect that phenomenon, which would touch a sensitive part that I would not say here. Family is after all number one. No doubt about it, and I still agree.

Anyway, the way to enjoy a birthday is to celebrate it with the people who care about you. Your friends. To have good time is to hear funny stories and people's experiences on a table with, of course good food (except for the Calamari at The Kells)
So,by having 2 glasses of Moscato D'Asti Sparkling wines, Finale Fantasia samples desserts, Mediterranean Pizza and White Pizza, a glass of Pinneapple Chambord, a plate of fries , Calamari @ The Kells, 2 glasses of beer at Sunset, another plate of Buffalo Chicken wings plus another bucket of Calamari, in addition to some good laugh and a cute waiter at Sunset (he had certainly a good smile.. hmm), I had a blast last night!!

I am 23 years old. A long way to go. Many dreams to achieve. Good people to meet and World to discover! Nothing else could be better than that right now.
Happy birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home