Thursday, February 10, 2005

Here we go again -- the snow

So, as I logged in to weather.com, a big red arrow popped out of a New England map pointing at the existence of a white chunk of what appears to be clouds that was on its way to Boston .
In other words, at sometime tonight, there would be some snow coming down ....again! and although the forecasts did say it would only be about 1-2 inches (compared to 24 inches 3 weeks ago), still, I'm NOT excited about it.

When snow falls, that means i'll have to wear my high-knee boots, layers of shirts (i always try not to wear any bulky knitted sweaters as I possibly could), and wrap myself in my pashminas until my face is completely covered. The only thing that can be seen from me is my glasses that often times get fogged from my own breath.

Then, I would have to walk on the street, instead of the sidewalk, trying to avoid the icy frozen ice from 3 weeks ago. While at the same time keeping my eyes open from snow plowers who might not even see me walking down the street - have you not heard any news about people got hit by snow plowers?-

I'm just not excited about it. It hurts me when I see my lovely shoes are ruined because of the salts they are using to melt the ice. (i'm a shoe-freak)
But, what can I do? it's winter. Groundhog day has passed so there's still about 6 more weeks until winter is over. Until the temperature is warming up, I'm going to hibernate in my living room, under my blanket and listen to Franz Ferdinand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home